If you have any questions before booking, or wish to set up an alternate payment scenario (bank transfer, payment plan, etc) please contact us!
All bookings are NON-REFUNDABLE, but may be transferred before the start of term. You can defer to a later term or give your spot to a friend.
Be sure you understand all of our conditions of participation before signing up.
This level is designed to introduce you to The Improv Conspiracy's approach to long form improvised comedy. No prior acting or improv experience is required.
Each class session starts with some fun warm-up exercises designed to help you to get a bit silly and to bond with your classmates.
After the warm-up you'll move onto some enjoyable exercises designed to help you learn some of the basic skills we use when doing improvised scenes on stage.
After the exercises there will be time for you to perform open-ended scenes. This is where the real magic happens! You'll be asked to call on that day's lesson, plus anything you've worked on during the prior days.
By the end of the 4 days you'll be capable of creating and sustaining interesting and entertaining 3-minute scenes that are completely improvised. Your class will then put on a 30-minute long improvised show for your friends and family, featuring a blend of truthful storytelling and improv scenes inspired by the stories!
Specific Skills and Topics Covered:
- An introduction to the core tenets of improvisation: agreement, listening, commitment & support
- Truth in comedy: how to use truthful storytelling as a way to generate interesting ideas for comedic scenes
- You are enough: the power of playing characters similar to yourself in a comedic scene. What would you say in real life? It's probably the right thing to say here!
- How to create and play an intelligent character with a stong point of view (POV)
- How to flesh out your characters with rich history and philosophy
While we don’t anticipate having to change the instructor after registrations open, please be aware that this may happen from time to time.
Broni is the Education Director at The Improv Conspiracy. An established performer, teacher and coach, you can catch Broni around the theatre in such shows as Swing Set, King George, The Remix, and many more!
Broni’s has trained at Second City and the Hideout Theatre in Austin and much more. He's also a bachelor of Art and Education majoring in Drama. In addition to being a fantastic improviser, Broni is also a professional musician. Grab his music from BroniMusic.com